Pages

Subscribe:

Letter of Srila B. A. Paramadvaiti Swami

My dear devotee:

This is a very delicate letter, because it touches upon one of the most delicate issues in life. It's about who you want to spend your life with and give birth to new devotees.

Due to the current reality in the world, where relationships among people are based not only in the personal satisfaction but also staying away of pleasing God, I decided to not be involved in the union of two people during many years.

I am aware that in Vedic culture the parents of the wife and the husband arranged everything, they checked the compatibility, the family background and they arranged an amount of money so that the new family could have some capital to start this new responsibility. Even at the beginning of Krishna Consciousness in the West, some marriages were arranged by the decision of the temple authorities.

Personally, I've tried always to not be involved in this desicion, because I was afraid that if some marriages have a problem they wouldn't be mature enough to assume their problems and with that attitude they blame others.

The election of the future wife or husband depends a lot on each people karma, I have observed some relationships that at first sight are totally dismatched but in the end are perfect couples, and on the other hand some couples that seem to be perfect are finally a mess.

Sometimes devotees insist that I should help them with this issue, until now I have denied this involvement and I left the whole issue in Cupid's hands, but of course after Cupid's hit, I have tried to advice them as much as I can before and after the marriage.

It is important to say that with a man who wants to have the hand of one of my daughters I will be very strict. That person must follow the vaishnava principles and must know how to manage money responsibly, otherwise how is he going to maintain a family?

Due to the growth of our family I have been meditating in this topic, that is why I have designed a new idea for those devotees who are completely surrendered to the mission of Lord Krishna, who are ready to do some practical service with their husband or wife for the mission of Lord Caitanya. In order to achieve that, the future couples must be mature and not complain about the person that I will choose for them.

I cannot guarantee that people are going to accomplish everything they've said, but if they belong to this surrendered devotee category and want to continue serving their spiritual master's mission, promise that will educate their children as Vaishnavas and promise to live a marriage life with Krishna in the center and not with the false ego, then that people can communicate their decision in a written form. If you are a qualified candidate I will try to do my best to help you finding a couple.

The reason I am writing this to you is that many times in our mission, people may be looking for a partner, but they do not know others with a similar desire. Therefore, this program has a permanent value and any devotee who feels that call after reading this letter can complete the form in this website.

All the information would be managed in a confidential and strict way, and when that beautiful opportunity shows up, you will be informed and we can do the arrangements to know where and how you can meet that person.

I am venturing with this plan to support those devotees that have a sincere desire of having a family, and also to accomplish in a better way my role as a spiritual guide of those who have taken shelter in the Vrinda family.

Nevertheless, the essence is always the same; whatever we do, must be directed to Sri Krishna's satisfaction and if that is not the goal I dont want to be part at all. Nowadays, people have problems to take decisions about their own life but marriage is that type of issue which needs to work for the whole life because children will be yours for your whole life.

Offering my prayers to the Sanatan dharma, to all the perfect grihastas and pure devotees, I pray that all obtained with this program can be only for Lord's pleasure.

I ask leaders that please help me with this initiative, promoting it only around devotees with good reputation. I don't want this on the hands of people that are not doing a valuable service and think that can bother a beautiful vaishnavi. So, if you are serious and not very known be sure to get a letter from your leader that confirms and supports your petition.

Praying to the divine couple of Sri Radha Govinda for success in your life I remain.

Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada and Sri Gouranga
Swami B. A. Paramadvaiti